Pages

7/08/2009

RubberQueen meeting: BOXES!

Last night was our monthly RubberQueen meeting. I gave away over 400.00 worth of product in incentives to over 25 different people.  Do you want to belong to our group?  You can!  Just email me today and I can tell you how.  On July 15th, you can join for only 85.00!  Plus we had awesome training, make n takes, and swapping!  This group is so special, and you would love being a part of it.  I have LOTS of pictures to share with you, but I'll start off with the boxes that I made last night.  I copied the idea right from the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website (another great reason to join!) under the video technique training.  As one of our make n takes we did the tall box made from Tempting turquoise and Pink Flamingo DSP, and I made another sample using Close to cocoa and Tall Tales DSP, also I made 2 boxes using Close to Cocoa and Tall Tales DSP.  To make the Tall box, you start with a piece of 12 X 12 Card stock, score it at 2, 5 3/4, 7 3/4, and 11 1/2  then score it at 2 inches at the bottom.  I gave you a visual.  cut the bottom score marks up to the 2 inch line, and then assemble and decorate.  The square boxes are also started with a 12 X 12 sheet of card stock, and score it at 2 3/4 on all four sides.  Cut two of the sides across from each other up to the score marks and then glue down the flaps.  Do the same thing for the bottom, but before you score it, take a "smidge" off two of the sides.  Written instructions are hard to follow, but they are easy!  Watch the videos online, and if you came last night, you got hands-on training.  We got to see more punch cards by Tamie, and a really cool project by Cassie Thelen...she made magnet boards made from cookie sheets. And, I'll show you one swap card today...our winner. Sandi Dailey. She got a 20.00 gift certificate for winning.  Once I got home, Carter decided not to sleep last night...he and I both had a stomach ache, and we were up all night. He's getting his naps today...I wish I could. : )  I'll be up pretty late tonight getting ready for the New Catalog Open house tomorrow...I've got to clean my house.  Those of you who know me, know that is not my specialty! I'll show you the swap cards from the meeting last night, and I also will show you the samples from my New Catalog Open house, so make sure you come back!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Stamped Blessings,
Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment