Pages

5/07/2009

RubberQueen meeting

We had an awesome meeting last night!  I'm posting quite a few pictures from our demonstrations last night.  First up we had Kris Kloc who demonstrated the brayered debossed rose with the Manhattan Flower impressions die.  She copied it from www.pattystamps.com.  It was gorgeous!  You brayer in three different layers, very lightly until the whole thing is covered. She recommended that you use Shimmery white card stock. Her sample used Summer sun, Cameo Coral and Regal Rose.  Next up we had the big shot queen Sandy Haynes. She showed us how to add the "rim" around the Top note die without having to cut it off.  She ran the top note through the big shot with the THICK window sheets, and then carefully cut off the stitching.  Sanded it to give a nice smooth edge. She then took a sponge dauber and laid down her window sheet template and simply sponged the edging.  It was simple, and looked much nicer than trying to cut off the rim and layer it with more card stock.  Lastly she did a quilting pattern using the top note and scraps of DSP.  Melissa Roberts was up next and showed us a simple masculine 2-page scrapbook page. The little dress card and Totally Tool card are her samples also.  I LOVE TOTALLY TOOL! She is such an awesome stamper.  Simple, yet beautiful, and that is what sells!  Our top seller for the month of April was Tamie Ackerson...Congrats! And the Royalty pot winner was Sandy Haynes! We did lots of stamping last night with four make n takes, but it was worth it...they were all so cool.  If you're able, leave a comment on the favorite part of the meeting if you attended last night...Did you learn anything, or what did you enjoy the most.  Also, don't forget that the 11th is the last day to enter your comment to earn the entry into the drawing to win the blog bucks!  Check Monday's post for the details.  I got my walk in today before the rain started.  Thursday's are actually one of my favorite days.  Because for the past two years, a friend and I meet at our local coffee shop for coffee and a bagel every Thursday.  It's one of the most wonderful parts of my week!  One hour out of my day and week, but it's the best way to strengthen and maintain a friendship.  We don't even think about it anymore, we just show up, sometimes in our comfy clothes, and we visit.  As our lives get busier and busier, we really have to make a solid effort to build and maintain our friendships.  Isn't that one of the benefits of belonging to Stampin' Up!  Our clubs and our classes help us create friendships and maintain them.  Not just between us, but also between our customers and downline. One of my favorite things to see is friendships form between my club members and customers.  Two of my favorite who didn't even know each other before my classes, just went on a cruise together and are the best of friends!  That's priceless!  I know I cherish many friendships because of Stampin' Up! and consider them the best reward for being a part of this company.  Can you believe Mother's Day is only a few days away!!  Oh My goodness!  I need to stamp some cards!
Blessings,
Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment