Pages

6/21/2009

Happy Father's Day

Not that many Father's will read this blog, but my Dad does to check up on me and see what I'm up to.  I'm pretty sure not many of us will get the chance to stamp today, as we will be dedicating today to our Father's in our life.  My husband will be spending the day watching our oldest play basketball, which I think is one of his favorite things to do, and then I'll make him Lasagna for dinner.   My dad is in Kentucky camping where I'll be later in the week.  Well, I had a really rough weekend, and my stress level is to the roof, because with all this rain, my basement got a big leak, and water poured in my stamp room all Friday night!  Which means it's completely torn up!  And, I have our Mount Pleasant meeting to get ready for tomorrow, and not one clean spot in my office to work.  I know I'll get it done, I always do, but I may be up till wee hours of the morning tonight.  The blessing is that nothing major got ruined.  Just all my bags that I've collected over the years from all my conventions, Founder's and Leadership conventions.  It brought back memories looking at each one before I had to throw them away. Funny thing was, I even found some great stuff in a few of them that I forgot was in there and didn't put away.  Let's see, I'm posting a few projects from my Big Shot class this week, a little gift card bag made from two top notes, and inside fit a medium cello bag perfectly, then a circle album made with the thick window sheets and pieces of the To the nines DSP, so we could make mini books for our Dad's.  I LOVE making these mini books with the thick window sheets because it gives them such added stability.  I'm also posting another card made at our Sponge class. This class was very cool, a little tricky, and our fingers got very inky!  Then, a swap card made by Gayle McCracken using Orchid Opulence, and the Manhattan Flower folder with the card stock vellum...I LOVE that!  I will be doing almost the exact one at my card class on the 30th.  Lastly, it's my Carter...he is now officially on the move!  He scooches and gets himself into all kinds of places.  Makes getting work done pretty difficult.  He's only 5 1/2 months!!!!  He also won't nurse anymore...he's just too nosey, and can't stand to look away from anything for even a moment!  I miss those quiet times with him, and I hate making a bottle at 4:00 in the morning, but it's easier to leave him now with a sitter when I have to go to work.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!  I'll post some of my Mount Pleasant meeting samples tomorrow, or Tuesday. The theme is all new colors, plus Fun with envelopes.  We're making a few neat projects using some of the different envelopes we have.  Blessings to you all!!!
Love,
Ronda

4 comments:

  1. Oh Ronda, I am so sorry about your water problem. That would definitely stress me out to the max! Praise the Lord, but I have never had a flood in any of my basements. But I just can't imagine the things that would be ruined if it ever happened. We don't even have a sump-pump; but we are on a hill. You just know I would have a very hard time throwing away any treasures from convention, etc. They would be soaked in bleach water and hung on the line for sure -- LOL. Anyway, your projects are beautiful and Carter looks like he is doing some "serious" dusting under the couch -- what a look on that face!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamie is coming tomorrow, and our plans for the day are to get my whole stamp room back in order and better organized than before. So, it will be a blessing in disguise. I am working on saving a few of the bags, I never thought about bleaching them and then hanging them out to dry...Thanks for your kind words. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...what a compliment to see one of my swap cards on your BLOG! Thanks Ronda :)

    Sorry about the flooding too...I'd hate to have to throw away my Convention & such bags! Good luck and have a wonderful vacation with your family! Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  4. It should be even more of a compliment, because I copied it for my Mt. Pleasant meeting, and card class...I LOVED that card and how easy it was! You know I hate to cut things out, but those roses are pretty easy. Thanks for sharing, Gayle! Your card was the one I voted to win the card contest at the meeting.
    Love,
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete